Wednesday, October 26, 2011

To the vault!!!!!!

I found out some very disappointing news this week.  Although, disappointing really does say what I really want it to.  This is about as vexing (great word, right?) to me as the dropping of "Fat Man" on Nagasaki during World War II.
This arch also stayed standing after the earthquake this year.
The Japanese really know how to build arches.

So I haven't even told you what is bothering me, have I?  So earlier this week I saw a post on a Facebook group I am in about Harry Potter.  The admin of the group posted a link about a big step for the Harry Potter Film franchise.  As of December 29th, all HP films will be taken off store shelves and being put into that vault that movies are put in... like Disney movies.

This bothers me, not because I am a big Harry Potter fan...

Not that big.
... but because the newest Harry Potter movie will only be released Novemeber 11th.  That means that the different versions of this movie, that is standard edition, special edition, and (I think they will release one) the collector's edition.

I think this is just some money making scheme.  Even though it is now the highest grossing movie series ever, somehow Warner Brothers still needs to trick us all into paying out our money as fast as possible so that we can go spend our money quickly.  At least they waited until holiday season to do this, right?

Although WB is probably going to say that they are removing it off the shelves so that they can re-release the series for a limited time so that future generations can see Harry Potter, which is what Disney Studios is doing with their classic cartoon movies.   

I don't really understand why though.  Harry Potter has so many die-hard fans that will introduce their children to Harry Potter, I confess that I am one of those fans (one of each book to every one of my future children), that they really don't need to worry about Harry Potter being known down the road.  This series has already been considered as one of the future timeless classics, like The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn are today.  

Well I feel a little bit better now that I have gotten my feelings out in the open about this.  Now excuse me as I go wait in line for the midnight release of both Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 and Inheritance by Christopher Paolini, which actually comes out November 8th.  I guess I will be sitting outside my nearest Walmart or Barnes and Noble for a few days.


  

   
And you will see me at Gamestop for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment